Thank you, so much, Lori @ Betwined Reads for this nomination! Literally, it amazes me people on this website read things I post and interact with me (like it’s the wildest thing)? So thank you thank you thank you.
You can check out my first take here!
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions your nominator has provided
Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer(I’m already going to tell you that I’m breaking this rule pretty dramatically).
- List the rules and display the award
- Which fictional character do you think best represents you?
- I feel I really relate to Kvothe from The Kingskiller Chronicle. It’s a little personal to say exactly why, but if you read the books, you might get a good sense.
- What book do you most regret ever having bought?
- There have been several, but Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven. Don’t . Even. Get me. Started. My review has all you need to know.
- If you watch BookTube, who are some of your favorite creators?
- My absolutely, all-time favorite BookTuber is Ariel Bissett. She’s just such a wonderful spirit and awesome creative.
- Who gave you your love of reading?
- My mother.
- Do you prefer in-person or online book clubs?
- I’m honestly not very familiar with either. I’m going to be participating in an online one in October, so we’ll see how that goes!
- How do you organize your upcoming blog posts?
- Is “not really” an option? When I’m done reading a book or get tagged in something, I usually try to create a draft as soon as I possibly can. It’ll usually sit for a little while, and then I’ll go back and edit it. College has been pretty heavy this semester, but I always try to post at least once a week.
- What do you think of fans who write angry letters/direct messages to an author?
- I think it’s pointless. Giving hate is pointless. If you have complaints, get a blog, write a review, and if the author happens to stumble upon it, than that’s on them. I never never think it’s okay to purposefully try and shove a negative review in an author’s face. “Hate mail” – if you don’t agree with them, simple, don’t follow them and don’t support them.
- How would you try to convert a non-reader into a reader?
- I’d probably start them off on something simple and short that’s really catching at the same time – maybe We Have Always Lived in the Castle, or something more contemporary, like The Cruel Prince.
- If you could frame one book cover and hang it up in your house, which cover would it be?
- It’s no secret, but The Catcher in the Rye, not necessarily because it’s my favorite cover, but because I enjoy it so much.
- Which fictional character do you love that you think would be horrible in real life?
- Do you understand how many problems Holden or Mary-Katherine Blackwood would make in real life?
- What’s one of your favorite blog posts that you would like to receive a little more love?
- Sara’s Let’s Talk About: My spam problem – HILARIOUS
- Superkitty21Books Disappointed and Surprised | A Review of American Gods by Neil Gaiman – I have not attempted to read this book, so I have no actual opinion about it, but this review is pretty hilarious.
- Who inspires you the most in real life?
- Which fictional character inspires you the most?
- Your house is burning down! Assuming you have all of your loved ones out, you have time to grab one thing! What is it?
- What’s the last thing you were required to read for school?
- What’s the last song you listened to?
- What is your favorite line from the song that you got from the question above?
- Cookies or cake?
- If cookies, what kind of mix-in (chocolate chip, nuts, etc). If cake, what kind of frosting (strawberry creme cheese, chocolate butter creme, etc.)?
- What’s one of your favorite poems?
- Do you prefer musicals or plays?
- What is your favorite musical or play?
Nominations (at this point, what are tagging rules on this blog?:
What’s your opinion on “What do you think of fans who write angry letters/direct messages to an author”? Let’s talk about it in the comments!